Here's an overview of this episode... My Journey I don’t have any regrets I could have done things differently, but I didn’t — part of the journey Looking back, I wish I was more willing to invest early Looking back, I’m glad that I...
Here's an overview of this episode...
- I don’t have any regrets
- I could have done things differently, but I didn’t — part of the journey
- Looking back, I wish I was more willing to invest early
- Looking back, I’m glad that I read A LOT to research what I needed to do, but you can put too much stock in the opinions of others. TRUST YOUR GUT!
- Looking back, I wish I would have started an email list immediately, found my right niche immediately and did a lot of these things.
- I didn’t, and that’s okay!
1) Determine an Initial Niche (this can change!)
- Focus on a group that spends money
- Focus on an area of expertise
- Focus on an area where you could write a TON of content
- DON’T SKIMP
3) Create a TON of written content
- Write a list of questions you get from customers or potential customers
- Take your own tour of the inner workings of your product, service, or topic that appeals to your audience — Create a list of every feature and the questions that likely come up
- These questions are your blog posts
- Determine a frequency that you can maintain and commit to
- Share across Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4) Create How-To Videos
- 1-3 minutes
- Extension of the written content. HELP people interested in your related industry.
- Upload to YouTube.
- Upload to Facebook.
5) Create a Lead Magnet and Build an Email List
- Pick an email list software (MailChimp, AWeber, Infusionsoft, etc.)
- Create a guide, ebook, checklist, webinar or something of value that you can offer in exchange for it
- Use OptinMonster, Pippity, etc. to push the opt-in to visitors
6) Facebook ads
- Invest whatever makes sense in the early going. Prepare to grow. At least $1/day, but more if possible.
- Create a Facebook page
- Target website visitors and email subscribers (low amount early) to like your page, drive traffic and opt-in
- Create lookalike audiences to do the same
- Target interests and split test vs. lookalikes
- Over time, your website visitors, email list and fans will grow. You will then move more of your budget to those groups.
- More to come
- Audio versions of blog posts
- Subscribe, rate and review